Tuesday Techniques-Rubber Band Brayering!

I love trying out new techniques and that is exactly what I am going to show you today. Create your own background using inks & rubber b... thumbnail 1 summary
I love trying out new techniques and that is exactly what I am going to show you today. Create your own background using inks & rubber bands! Rubber bands are one item I can not leave out unattended. My cat Abbie, loves rubber bands. They are like catnip to her. She throws them up in the air, swats at them and carries them around in her mouth like a treasure. It's hilarious to watch her. Anyway, take a peek at the background on my "Whisper White Cardstock" layer on my card below:


How unique is that? I'll even show you the steps at achieving this look.

Supplies Needed:
  • Cardstock
  • Brayer
  • Ink
  • Rubber bands

Pop out the wheel part of your "Brayer." Using rubber bands, wrap them around your wheel by twisting them and intertwine them. I used two different sizes for my card and used 4 total. Once your rubber bands are in place, pop the wheel back into the "Brayer".


Roll your "Brayer" into your "Ink Pad" until all the rubber bands are inked. I used "Baja Breeze Ink" for my sample.


Roll the "Brayer" onto your cardstock piece several times to achieve the look that you like.


Rinse your "Brayer" using water under your faucet and wheel onto a piece of paper towel to dry. Repeat the above steps with a second color of ink. I used "Crumb Cake Ink" for the second color.


Finish your card as you like!



Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
  • Inks: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
  • Stamp Set: Happiest Birthday, Apothecary Art
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, 1" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Brayer, Sticky Strip, Sponge Daubers
  • Accessories: Large Pearl Basic Jewels, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Misc: Rubber bands

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét