Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Brick Wall!

Oh do I love my "Simply Scored Scoring Tool" and oh do I love all the different uses. I am going to prove that to you today by sh... thumbnail 1 summary
Oh do I love my "Simply Scored Scoring Tool" and oh do I love all the different uses. I am going to prove that to you today by showing you a background I created for my card by using this great tool. I used a piece of "Whisper White Cardstock" and created a brick wall:


Here's what you need:
  • Simply Scored Scoring Tool
  • Whisper White Cardstock measuring 5.5" x 4.25"

Step 1:

Place your cardstock piece on the Simply Scored Scoring Tool so that the longest side rests vertically as shown. Using your Simply Scored Stylus, score vertically at each 1/2" mark:


Step 2:

Turn your cardstock  piece 180 degrees and score between the first two scored rows created in Step 1 at each 1" mark (1", 2", 3", etc).

Continue to the 2nd row and this time start at the 1/2" mark and move over 1" (1/2", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", etc).

Keep scoring each individual row by alternating the starting point until your cardstock piece is completed:


I then used my "Paper Snips" and cut portions of the bricks completely out to resemble missing bricks. I then trimmed my cardstock piece to measure 5 1/4" x 4". My next step was to use "Sponge Daubers" and sponge "Early Espresso Ink" along all of the outside edges. I also smudged some on the front. I then added "Cajun Craze" here and there to add more color. For my final step I sprayed the cardstock piece with "Log Cabin Smooch Spritz" to give it some splatters.



The flower is created with the "Blossom Petals Punch". It only took 9 petals, curling all the ends with a "Bone Folder" and then gluing them to a "Stampin' Dimensional" sitting in the center. Add a "Designer Button" tied with "Baker's Twine" and glued in place with "Mini Glue Dots"!


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
  • Inks: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
  • Stamps: Sweetly Said
  • Accessories: Baker's Twine, Designer Buttons, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Little Leaves Die, Blossom Petals Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers



Follow Me on Pinterest

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét