Antique Quilts from GA to TN!

Moby needs a bumper sticker that says “I brake for Antique Malls!” There were a few days on this last long trip through Georgia and into Ten... thumbnail 1 summary
20160703_133642
Moby needs a bumper sticker that says “I brake for Antique Malls!”

There were a few days on this last long trip through Georgia and into Tennessee that all I needed to do during that day was get from one place to another and be ready to teach the NEXT day.  These in between days gave me ample time to find Antique Malls off the beaten path to wander and ponder.

How do these items end up in an antique mall? 

Who originally owned and used these items? 

Would they be happy that I have loved this item enough to bring it into my home and into my life adding my memories to theirs?

I would like to think so!

When traveling deep down into South Georgia, you can find many quilts that are barely held together by threads.  These quilts I refer to as “Hard times” quilts.  Quilts that were made with whatever scraps were on hand.  Sometimes the workmanship was not the main focus, but color and pattern kept the maker happy while making something WARM for cold winters to come.

Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét