CCMC-NC1!

Happy Birthday to my hubby! I'm so lucky to have a hubby that encourages me in my stamping business! For the next 5 Saturdays I won'... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy Birthday to my hubby! I'm so lucky to have a hubby that encourages me in my stamping business!

For the next 5 Saturdays I won't be posting my usual Saturday Simple projects for you to view. With being part of the New Catalog Design Team for Create with Connie & Mary, we have Saturday challenges for all of our subscribers to join in on. You can still subscribe to our subscription. It's not too late!

This is the challenge for this week, a color challenge:


I sometimes struggle with ideas when it comes to color challenges. And this week, we have 4 colors to combine! This is my card:


I decided to keep my card "clean & simple". I started out with my top panel of Whisper White Cardstock and cut a hole about 1/2" from the top with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. I then used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool and made my own embossing by add double lines about 1 1/4" apart.


Using the Betsy's Blossoms Stamp Set that we used in our Preview week, I used a 2nd background layer of Whisper White Cardstock. I place my first layer on top by centering over the background layer and made a light pencil mark where the center of the hole was. I then inked the blossom stamp image with Pool Party Ink and inked the cardstock by centering the pencil mark. Glue the top Whisper White Cardstock panel in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I then stamped the bird image three times on Whisper White Cardstock using Soft Suede (once) and Summer Starfruit (twice) Inks. I hand-cut the Soft Suede bird and then I hand-cut the wings only from the Summer Starfruit birds. I glued the wings in place on the Soft Suede bird. Add some bling to the wing and also to create an eye using Rhinestone Jewels. Glue in place over the blossom in the hole, more-so at the top .

My next step was to stamp the leaf twice using Cajun Craze Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and hand-cut. I added some sponging using a Sponge Dauber and very little Cajun Craze Ink. Glue and position the wings under the birds body.


For the final step I stamped the sentiment using Soft Suede Ink and the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set. I used my Big Shot Machine and the same shape as the stamped image from the Bitty Banners Framelits Die (I just love our coordinating products!). Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals!


Have a great weekend and make sure you stop by Create with Connie & Mary today!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét