Two Top Finishes!

There were two top finishes on the mountain yesterday! After finishing all of the cruise kits (Yes, they are all done except for the printed... thumbnail 1 summary

20160804_184147
There were two top finishes on the mountain yesterday!

After finishing all of the cruise kits (Yes, they are all done except for the printed instructions that still have to be written!) I was finally able to sit down with Spanish Rose and figure out what I want to do.

The biggest worry from folks was that the project would be LAME because it was a hand stitching project, and that it wouldn’t be a QUILTVILLE scrappy project.

And it’s so funny because I am ALWAYS asked (okay 9 times out of 10) when lecturing if I EVER make quilts that are not scrappy, that come from just a few coordinated pieces of yardage.  And I laugh and I laugh and my response is always WHY?  WHY would I do that to myself when that is not where my heart is? It would be torture!

Same thing here.

If you were looking at just one block, it’s hard to make THAT extra scrappy, but when you put 4 blocks together and start pulling in sashings of various fabrics and contemplate borders, it all comes together.

I have always said that kits are like a cake mix.  You have to add your own eggs, oil, water, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, whatever your heart desires- to turn that simple mix into your own creation.

I am supplying block fabrics and the center cornerstone. (center-stone? LOL!) Cruisers will supply their own sashings and borders and binding to reflect their own vision.  It's a Quilt-Mix!

In the photo above you can see I am chain piecing oodles of half square triangles on Black Beauty.

Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét