Father’s Day, 2016!

This is going to be a very short post, as I switch gears and pay attention to my family today after being gone for a week! I arrived home la... thumbnail 1 summary
fathersday1
This is going to be a very short post, as I switch gears and pay attention to my family today after being gone for a week!

I arrived home last evening, landing in Greensboro pretty much on schedule, being met by The Hubster.  We headed right out to celebrate an early Father’s Day dinner as he is leaving for New York on business today, on Father’s Day.

His job keeps him hopping as much as mine, and it just turns out that my little break when we could both be home at the same time is very short this time around.

Come to think of it, I worked Mother's Day as well.  It's just kind of how things roll around here.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the men in my life who are great examples of fatherhood.  My dad holds my heart.  Oh, there were times growing up when all I wanted to do was hole up in my bedroom with a book and have the world leave me alone.  But he would draw me out, include me, make me participate in whatever we were doing, and I am oh, so much better for it.

Someone said, that if a child doesn’t hate you from time to time, you aren’t doing this parenting thing right.  He did it right!

Wishing my dad a very Happy Father's Day! I love that no matter how old I get, he always answers the phone "hello, beautiful daughter!"

Behind every child who believes in his/her self is a parent who believed in them first. Thanks for believing in me, Dad!

Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét