When the Cats are Away

I’m having a heck of a time getting to know my new Windows 8 laptop. I know it’s just operator error, and a conflict with programs I’ve used... thumbnail 1 summary
IMG_0895-001
I’m having a heck of a time getting to know my new Windows 8 laptop.

I know it’s just operator error, and a conflict with programs I’ve used for years that I really like – like windows live writer.

I like the photo editing options it comes with for blog writing ---and I’ve loved it.  But on this new laptop the text is SO SMALL while writing within windows live writer – changing the font on the laptop doesn’t change what happens in the editing screen, nor does changing the screen resolution.  I’m having to write this in a 24 size font – and then highlight everything and change it back to normal before sending it over to publish.  What a pain!

If anyone out there uses Windows Live Writer and has a solution for making the font a more comfortable size to write with – please let me know what you did!

On the regular browser pages I can hit Ctrl + and make the font bigger when I need it to be, but it doesn’t work from within Windows Live Writer.  And as I get older, I need things more comfortable for my eyes – not more straining!

Everything on this laptop is different – and sometimes that makes things not so comfortable – but I am challenging myself to just breathe and use it and figure it out before we leave for Dallas on Sunday!  Will I be ready to go solo with this computer when it’s time to fly? That’s what this blog post is for – to see if I can do the things I usually do before I HAVE to do them!

IMG_0885

Miss Marple on my new HP Spectre!

The Hubster and Jason took off this morning to go check out a couple of 4-wheelers a guy had listed on Craigslist.  This gave me a couple of hours to finish baking and icing some cookies, and to start sewing the rows of my cheddar sampler together!

IMG_0886

The top is webbed together and I am joining the rows!

IMG_0887

Looking pretty good so far!

IMG_0888

All assembled!

IMG_0891-001

Close ups are fun!

IMG_0890-001

So many great blocks!

IMG_0892

Such a happy scrappy  mess!

IMG_0893

Now the big question is…WHAT to do with BORDERS?!

I’m thinking of floating the whole center with something,……and maybe doing more strings for the border?  Or can it just be DONE and I can bind it?

Whatever it is, my time alone is coming to a close and it’s time to get the potatoes in the oven for dinner!  Jeff should be arriving shortly and I’ll have both boys here ---and the machine time will be over!

Tonight – binding with my boys by my side – that is unless I can talk them into another game of Farkle??

Much love from Buck Mountain ---


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét