So Long, Farewell ---

I love this picture of the 8 of us kids together! Back Row left to right: Rick, Mike, Scott, David, Mark Front Row left to right: Joy, Me,... thumbnail 1 summary

I love this picture of the 8 of us kids together!

Back Row left to right: Rick, Mike, Scott, David, Mark

Front Row left to right: Joy, Me, Mary ((Notice the legs all crossed the same way? SISTERS!))

Remember that song from “The Sound of Music” where the Von Trapp children are singing their farewells to the grown-ups who had gathered for the fancy soiree?

This is the soundtrack that is playing through my mind as various family members pack up their cars, vans and trucks and head down the mountain toward home.

There weren’t many of us left by late afternoon yesterday ---and we spent a quiet evening at home just talking and relaxing and watching the remaining cousins wear themselves out silly.

One of the other fun things instigated by my two sisters, Mary & Joy, and my mom is a jewelry exchange for our last evening here.

((Yes, I have an AUNT Joy and a SISTER Joy! We’ve also got two Davids, two Michaels, Kelly and Kelli and two Marks!))

What is a jewelry exchange? We’ve all got earrings, bracelets, necklaces and other fun things that are sitting around clogging up drawer space. And we all know that it is more fun to play with someone else's stuff than our OWN stuff ----

idaho2012 031

I should have taken a picture when we first started, but the “game” goes like this: Bring all your unwanted jewelry and place it on the tray on the lazy susan in the center of the table.

Everyone takes turns removing what they want from the tray one at a time.

idaho2012 030

You can opt out if it gets to the point where there isn’t anything you want anymore. Anything left over that is unclaimed is donated to the local thrift shop. It's a win-win for everyone! And I'll remember my mom and my sisters when I wear their jewelry through the next year.

OH! I just had a brain storm --- what if we turned this into a “Dirty Santa” type thing and started opting for the things others have already claimed? LOL! Might have to do that next year!

It was a lot of fun, and next year I’ll be digging for more stuff that I want to swap out!

familyreunion31

Here we all are….cracking up on what it took to get this photo with a camera set on timer and the photographer running like a crazy woman to get into the picture in time before it snapped!

familyreunion8

Here are the 8 of us plus my mom & stepdad ---

I’m the oldest, so starting on the right and working left, it’s me, Mark, Scott, Rick, Joy, David, Mike, and Mary ---and of course, Mom & Gary in front!

familyreunioncrazy8

And just because we ARE “THAT” kind of family – no family photo session is complete without "The Return of the Zombies!"

This morning we are off to the airport. Aunt Joy and cousin Andy are on their way back to Minnesota. Jason is headed back to South Carolina ---and off I go to OREGON!!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét