It’s Friday!

That means this afternoon we travel into Sisters which is about 40 miles from Sun River where we are. We are meeting up with Lori who has ... thumbnail 1 summary

That means this afternoon we travel into Sisters which is about 40 miles from Sun River where we are.

We are meeting up with Lori who has a friend from Australia and two friends from Canada with her ---all together we will make a group of 9 for the lecture and box dinner.

One of the things I love most about central Oregon is how chilly it is in the mornings --- this morning when I woke it was a brisk 44 degrees out! The temps get into the 90s….but by 5pm temps start to drop and leave you with the most beautiful of summer evenings you have ever seen. By 8pm, you will want to grab your sweater. I just love it!

Last night we made our yearly pilgrimage down to Goody’s for ice cream! I love this place – their ice cream is fabulous, and their cones are made on site as well, so the smell of vanilla yumminess is in the air as soon as you enter the common area.

My flavors?

oregon2012 080

Coffee Bean on top of Chocolate Almond. OH. MY. GOODNESS!

We sat outside at a little bistro table and enjoyed the evening while we enjoyed our ice cream and people watched.

Usually we do it on the bikes, but with this leg problem I just can’t bike it. I did make an appointment for an MRI next Wednesday when I’m home – so I hope we can find out what is causing all this nerve pain and DO something about it ---

I worked on a little something for Lori last night – a little bird told me she needed a few more blocks to finish her birthday quilt project:

oregon2012 081

I dug into Randy’s scraps to paper piece some blocks from civil war type fabrics…after finishing it I wished I’d had a double pink for the setting triangles ---it looks too light to me, but perhaps mixed with the other blocks it will be just right. Besides --- she wanted them signed, and I needed to use something that the pen would show up on!

For those asking --- the claims process takes a long time. I filed a claim. I have to get statements saying what the cost to fix the machine and computer would be, or what the replacement cost will be, and I have to fax that in with photos after I get home. There is nothing more that I can do about it here. But at least the process has started. If I have to be patient, you do too ;c)

Today? More mystery work for me, so there won’t be a lot to show you, but it’s going to be a fun productive day!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét