VQF Opening Night!

I was so excited to meet up with Lori at the awards ceremony part of opening night! The place was packed with quilters, and as always, I lov... thumbnail 1 summary

I was so excited to meet up with Lori at the awards ceremony part of opening night!

The place was packed with quilters, and as always, I love people watching and seeing what quilters wear when they turn out in droves --- I saw terrific outfits, comfortable quilter’s footwear ((We all know that fashion stops below the knees!)) and the wildest array of handcrafted handbags in one location than I have ever seen in my life!

I sat right down the row from my buddy Pat Sloan and her hubby, Greg –aka. “The Shipping Department”. Unbeknownst to me ---she was photographing us and tagging us on facebook ---HA!

So fun to reconnect with other teachers – some I’ve met and talked with before. David Taylor and I have shared many a venue in the past couple of years, so when I was exiting the dorm as he was entering, we exchanged a few words – it’s great to see him again, I enjoy his sense of humor so much!

Yesterday I grabbed a quicky lunch ---the first class was over at 11:30 – lunch was from 11:30 to 12:30 –but people were still hauling their stuff OUT of the room at 11:40 – and the people from the afternoon session were wanting to come in and set up the machines ----wait a minute! I need to get lunch in here somewhere --- so I think I got all in all about 20 minutes to wolf down my soup and salad at a little outdoor table while visiting with Pat, Sue Spargo, and Susan Brubaker Knapp who lives just down the road from me in Mooresville, NC ---the same town where I adopted Ken the Kenmore! Small world, isn’t it?

The most funny of all --- I walk in last night to find Lori – and we take ONE look at each other and bust out laughing – we are dressed so much the same! White capris, black/white sleeveless blouse….it’s hysterical.

We ask her friend to take a picture of the both of us…

vermont2012 075

And then we ask her to take it again because she has chopped our heads off…LOL!

vermont2012 076

And yes, you can tell I have not been out in the sun at ALL this year – pasty white folks! But it was so good to hug my friend, walk around the show, oooh and ahhh at Gerald Roy’s collection of antique quilts ((no photography allowed…boooohooooo!!)) and enjoy the evening!

vermont2012 078

Pineapple Crazy is hanging in the teacher’s exhibit! ((Right next to one of Sue Spargo’s beauties…I am so pumped!))

vermont2012 081

And since I was never able before to send close up detail…here is a shot at the upper left corner.

vermont2012 082

One of the “circles” where the blocks join together---my favorite thing about this quilt? ALL of the odd fabrics thrown together into this mess of scrappiness. So many cut off bonus triangles that have been gifted to me over the past several years have all found a place in this quilt..

My other happy moment?

vermont2012 083

The Dover Bookseller’s booth has my first three books on display front and center in their booth! But I have one up on them – I’ve got the 4th book in my classroom on campus and it is selling like hotcakes and I am so excited.

Tomorrow? MYSTERY DAY!! Which means ---there probably won’t be a lot of detailed class photos for that one because --- well --- it’s a mystery! But never fear, the mystery quilt I’ve been teaching as a class since January will appear in Quiltmaker Magazine in the fall –as a NON Mystery.

Be watching for it!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét