Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Creating Faux Ceiling Tile!

Have you ever fallen in love with the old style metal ceiling tiles that you see in some older homes? I thought I would re-create that tile ... thumbnail 1 summary
Have you ever fallen in love with the old style metal ceiling tiles that you see in some older homes? I thought I would re-create that tile for you in this card:


How about following my steps and creating one of your own:

Step 1:

Prepare a piece of cardstock by rubbing glue from a Glue Stick all over it. Make sure you add glue to every inch. I used a cardstock piece measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" in Whisper White:


Step 2:

Cut a piece of aluminum foil larger than your cardstock piece. Using a Brayer, roll the aluminum foil over the glued side of your cardstock. Press hard as your roll to flatten the foil out as much as possible. Don't worry if there are a few wrinkles as the Big Shot will take care of this:


Step 3:

Trim the excess foil using a paper cutter:


Step 4:

Using a textured impressions folder and your Big Shot Machine, run the foil through to achieve the embossing. I used the now retired Final Press Textured Impressions Folder (I made this card before the retired list appeared!):


Step 5:

Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, place your foiled cardstock layer in the corner and add a thin piece of scrap paper on top, this will aid you in not tearing your foil. Using your scoring tool, make vertical and horizontal lines the size you want to achieve the tile look. I made my score lines 1 1/4" x 1 3/4" but you can decide on the size of your own tiles:


Step 6:

Using some white acrylic craft paint and your Brayer, gently roll the Brayer over the embossing to add white paint to the embossing. Allow to dry for a few minutes. Make sure you rinse your Brayer as soon as possible after using the paint as the paint dries quickly (ask me how I know!):


Step 7:

Add StazOn Jet Black Ink to some of the embossing by using a Sponge Dauber. I added the ink just here and there:


Step 8:

Cut the foil layer into a square or shape that you would like and complete a card front with it!



I used the Labels Collection Framelits on my foil piece and layered over a larger sized shape using the Regal Rose Cardstock. My flower was created with the Blossom Petals Punch. I sponged Basic Black on each petal before I assembled my card:


Thanks for stopping by today. I always enjoy your visits and hearing from you. I hope you try this technique as I thought it was quite enjoyable! Come back tomorrow!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Regal Rose
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black
  • Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Accessories: Large Pearl Jewels
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Glue Stick, Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder (retired), Blossom Petals Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Labels Framelits Collection, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers, Stripes Textured Impressions Folder, Brayer, Simply Scored Scoring Tool
  • Misc: White Craft Paint, Aluminum Foil
How would you like to have daily project ideas and inspiration for 6 whole weeks! Click HERE to find out how! 

    Follow Me on Pinterest

    Không có nhận xét nào

    Đăng nhận xét