Home, Sweet Air-Conditioned Home!

The car thermometer hit 95 today while I was poking around Danville in search of treasures. HOT HOT HOT HOT! And our humidity is quickly re... thumbnail 1 summary

The car thermometer hit 95 today while I was poking around Danville in search of treasures.

HOT HOT HOT HOT!

And our humidity is quickly reaching summer levels. That means that through the next few months our A/C will be running 24/7. And this is when I think back 100 years and wonder HOW they did it with corsets and stays and girdles and chemises, long skirts, hosiery, boots ----

I am absolutely POSITIVE that I was not meant to live in any other life time than this one.

It was a long two days to get home ----yesterday I just could NOT drive any more than the 9 hours I already had ---and I only took time to stop at the ONE antique mall in Verona ---by the time I left there and got to anywhere else, everything was closed. I've got pics from that jaunt to post ---be watching for those!

Upon recommendation from some other quilter-friends I have discovered a WONDERFUL place to stay in Lynchburg ---and I will share my photos from the Craddock-Terry hotel with you in tomorrow’s post ---

And to readers in the Lynchburg area ---I know I could have called or been welcomed to stay, but I really just wanted a quiet room, quiet bed ---and I was asleep by 9:30pm!

The reason I stayed there, besides the fact that I was exhausted? It’s an old shoe-factory turned hotel, and there are several fun antiquey places to hit in Lynchburg, one of them within WALKING distance!

And that is what I hit first thing this morning ---

I walked in, I saw this quilt, I paid for it, and walked out of there with it.

OH_PA_June2012 671

How happy is this green?!?

I love how scrappy the stars are --- again, all dress making fabrics, not a quilt shop fabric in the bunch. I love that the maker used lavender as her background ---I even love how the sashings are not matched across the quilt, giving the layout a “stair-step” appearance.

OH_PA_June2012 672

Aren’t the hand quilted fans just GREAT?!? And she was VERY consistent with her star centers --- NOT A SINGLE ONE MATCHED! :c)

OH_PA_June2012 673

1930s & 1940s fabrics….so many fun ones!

Look closely – do you see that this block floats to the left?? My guess is that this row of the quilt was shorter than the row next to it and she sewed extra background to the row to make it “long enough”. AWESOME!

OH_PA_June2012 674

I thought this was a neat accent ---the backing is brought around the front for binding….and she “quilted” down the binding through the quilt instead of whip stitching or blind stitching it ...those little stitches on the edge in white thread are adorable….might have to consider that option at some point!

I’ve unloaded MOST of the car – I’ve done a few “must dos” but the only “must do” to follow my sending of this post is a well deserved NAP!

It’s good to be home!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét