At St Michael’s College!

Being on a college campus reminds me so much of the short time that I lived away from home – I only experienced college housing for one shor... thumbnail 1 summary

Being on a college campus reminds me so much of the short time that I lived away from home – I only experienced college housing for one short summer term ---we had 6 girls and 3 bedrooms in our dorm “apartment” and it was a constant struggle for plug in space in the bathroom, or place to put groceries in the fridge that didn’t infringe upon anyone else’s shelf space or “we ate your cheese, we knew you wouldn’t mind!”.

Boy was that an experience. I’m sure glad I am past that age right now, but being here in a college dorm brings it all back!

Welcome to my Home Sweet Cell Dorm Room! I’m staying in Hodson “Suites” which means there are 4 bed cells rooms in each quad with a shared living area, bathroom and kitchen.

vermont2012 009

Ahhhh dorm living!

We were issued a shrink wrapped bundle that included two flat sheets and a pillow case ((I HATE FLAT SHEETS ON THE BOTTOM! they never stay tucked in…sigh)) A very worn blanket of dubious origin and fiber content---that quickly became the “mattress pad” to keep the bottom flat sheet from sliding all over the vinyl waterproof mattress, one bath towel, one washcloth and one hand towel.

College life indeed! But we will make the best of it! I will be sleeping under the quilts I’m using as class samples!

In fact, I was so tired that after lunch I turned out the lights and slept for over 2 hours. It was raining outside ---perfect for a blissful nap and I feel so much better.

vermont2012 010

I’ve set up my featherweight! There is wifi, and I’ve got my kindle fire and my panda speaker, so there will be sewing and netflix tonight in the cell room!

I was a bit worried that the String Fling books I ordered shipped to Vermont might not make it, but they showed up this afternoon and my class room is all set up for morning!

I’m so excited to actually be teaching at the Vermont Quilt Festival. This is a dream for me because it is such a Mecca.

Now if I can only find out WHERE a girl needs to go to get a Diet Dr Pepper around here!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét