A Bit of Desk Distraction!

I made it to Lynn’s and picked up my featherweight case! It’s in great shape--- missing the inner tray, but both latches work, and that’s a... thumbnail 1 summary
I made it to Lynn’s and picked up my featherweight case! It’s in great shape--- missing the inner tray, but both latches work, and that’s all I care about.

I have three featherweights – the white one was bought in an antique mall in Twin Falls, Idaho and came in a plastic file box! The black one came without a case at all ---it was also another antique mall find, back mid 1990s before the prices on featherweights skyrocketed ---I still paid a pretty penny for it compared to what I’ve paid for other machines, but I love her. And of course, the magenta one that travels with me the most often --- it DID come with a case.

Lynn had a wonderful collection of vintage machines, but was uncomfortable letting me just come in and photograph them, so you’ll just have to know that I drooled--- a lot!!! Very sweet lady and we have SEW MUCH in common! I did resist purchasing anything else…I’m feeling rather saturated, and mostly I just want to SEW on the ones I’ve got!

So since I can’t share Lynn’s collection with you, how about a Down-Under alternative?

Margo sent me this email:


Hi Bonnie
I love all your machines. In Australia we have a sewing machine museum.
Here is the link
http://www.maryboroughflourmillgallery.com.au/
It is about 3 hours away from me and they are also on Facebook. It's a long weekend this week so I hope to get there. I thought you might like to share the site on your blog.
Margo Hendy
Who wishes she was coming to Bali

Thanks for the heads up, Margo! I wish you were coming to Bali too! OH! That’s less than 2 months away! I am getting SO excited over this trip I can hardly stand it!

And that said – I hope to make it to Australia some day, because I’d LOVE to come explore the sewing machine museum!

I hope you enjoy the link everyone, I could spend a lot of time in there, but I’m printing everything out for my trip tomorrow – time is a wasting, and it’s not being spent on fun stuff like sewing!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét