New Home for my Parents!

Good morning! I don't have a "challenge" card for you today as we are on vacation! As many of you close to me know, we had to ... thumbnail 1 summary
Good morning! I don't have a "challenge" card for you today as we are on vacation!

As many of you close to me know, we had to move my parents to a new senior housing complex a few weeks ago. It was a happy day and also a sad day as they moved from the home I grew up in. It had become a burden to them as they are both in their mid-70's and have both had health issues in the past 2 years. I am 2 hours away so it was hard for me to just run over and help at a moments notice.

With the tough winters here in Maine, my dad will no longer have to worry about snow removal and making a few daily trips downstairs to the basement to add firewood to the wood stove. Our home was a very large 2 story home and in order for them to be able to afford heating it, they had both oil and wood heat. My dad now has a defibrillator and was usually out of breath in making those small trips to the basement.

I wanted to make them smile by sending them this card to congratulate them on their move:


My mom had a very difficult time trying to downsize from a 12 room house to a 6 room apartment. She loves to cook and had lots of dishes, pan, gadgets....you get the picture! She was a little discouraged but things are looking up. She's had multiple health issues this past year so I'm hoping she will learn to relax! (I don't know how to that myself, I will fess up to that).

This is a close-up of the punch art tulips:


Punch 3 petals from the "Bird Punch" and layer them, quite simple. And the shutters for my window....the end pieces of the "Labels Collection Framelits" in "Real Red Cardstock" embossed with "Texturz Plates"!

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake
  • Inks: Baja Breeze
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Big Shot Machine, Texturz Plates, Labels Collection Framelits, Large Oval Punch, Bird Punch, 1" Square Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge Daubers
  • Stamps: NONE, I typed the sentiment in word in printed on cardstock!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét