CCMC 191

Happy March and welcome Spring....almost! I am so ready for the rain to start taking away our snow. Even though this has been the mildest wi... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy March and welcome Spring....almost! I am so ready for the rain to start taking away our snow. Even though this has been the mildest winter I can ever remember...little snow, warmer temps, lower heating costs, less car accidents....and what a great way to kick off March by joining us in creating a card for the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge. We have a color challenge for you this week:

My card:

I just love how the pleated skirt came out looking so great at the bottom of my card. This is so much easier to complete than it looks. I wasn't sure how long of a DSP piece I would need so I cut a piece measuring 2" x 12". Using your Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score at 3/4" and again at 1". Repeat scoring pattern at 1 3/4", 2", 2 3/4", 3", 3 3/4", 4" and so  on until you reach the end of your DSP piece. Start folding on your score lines by folding into pleats, one fold over and one fold under:

When all of your score lines have been folded, apply a piece of Sticky Strip at the very top from one end of the DSP to the other end, pressing down to keep the pleats flat and in place. Center and glue to the card bottom and trim both ends of the excess DSP. This will center your pleats.

For the teacups, I stamped a Daffodil Delight Ink teacup image on Daffodil Delight Cardstock, Pacific Point Inked image on Pacific Point Cardstock and Wild Wasabli Inked image on Wild Wasabi Cardstock. I then hand-cut all 3 teacups (yes to my girls....hand-cut, most of them hate to fussy cut!).

I stamped the little flower image for each teacup in the coordinating ink color first on Whisper White Cardstock and the adhered my teacups with a Stampin; Dimensional. Add a Pearl Jewel to the center of each teacup:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi
  • DSP: Brights Patterns Paper Pack
  • Inks: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi
  • Tools: Modern Label Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Simply Scored Scoring Tool
  • Stamp Set: Tea Shoppe
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Island Indigo
Feel free to come  join us for the color challenge this week! We would love to see your creation!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét