Tuesday Tips-Making your own Texture Plates!

Do you own a favorite punch or die and wish there was a matching texture plate to create a background with? I can show you how to achieve th... thumbnail 1 summary
Do you own a favorite punch or die and wish there was a matching texture plate to create a background with? I can show you how to achieve this......and it won't cost you anything! Take a look at the card below. I used the "Blossom Punch" and the matching "Mixed Bunch Stamp Set" to create my flower.......but wait, look at the textured background I created to match my flower:


How exciting is this! And I'll show you the steps to create your own background plate.

First I started with a piece of Designer Series Paper cardboard......you know, the cardboard that comes packaged with your Designer Paper. I cut it the same size as my "Clear Cutting Pads". Next, I used the flower that resembles the "Blossom Punch" from the "Fun Flowers Bigz Die" and cut out (12) of the flower using "Chipboard". I then lined up my flowers and glued them to my cardboard with "Tombow Mono-adhesive Glue":


Cut a piece of cardstock and place on your homemade texture plate:


On the back of my home-made texture plate, I wrote down the sandwich I need to use in my "Big Shot Machine":


Follow the sandwich above and use your "Big Shot Machine" to create the embossing seen below:


Use your cardstock layer to create a card. You can see a close-up of the embossing below:


And a close-up of the other elements on my card:


Pretty neat huh?


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pretty In Pink, Pear Pizzazz
  • Inks: Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue
  • Accessories: Glimmer Brads, Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Blossom Punch, Word Window Punch, , Bird Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Ribbon Punch, Big Shot, Home-made Texture Plate
  • Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, You're A Gem

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét