The Paper Players and Stampers for Others goes Masculine!

Today is President's Day and we decided not to hit the road for our business. We are catching up on shop work and paperwork....and incom... thumbnail 1 summary
Today is President's Day and we decided not to hit the road for our business. We are catching up on shop work and paperwork....and income tax preparation! I decided to post a card for The Paper Players:


I also made this card for our Stampers for Others monthly swap this month as we were to create 6 identical Masculine cards that were going to be sent to Operation Write Home. What a wonderful cause to create a card for. Of course we all wish our troops were safe at home with their families. I thought I would create a "Father's Day Card" for sending cards to their dads:


Water-coloring is  my favorite of all the techniques. It is especially striking when you have wonderful tools and products to work with such as Stampin' Up!'s Water Color Crayons and a Blender Pen!

It's really hard for you to see in the photo's because the Pacific Point Cardstock is such a bright color, but I double-embossed the Stripes Textured Impressions Folder by placing it in both directions, horizontal and vertical. I ran the cardstock piece with the folder in one direction first, then removed the cardstock and turned it and ran it through the Big Shot again a second time. If you click on the photo below you might be able to get a glimpse of the double-embossing. I'll have a tutorial posted tomorrow on how I completed this:


Once I had my image stamped in Jet Black StazOn Ink and colored, I used my Labels Collection Framelits to cut out the shape. I added a little bit of stampin' in the top corner with River Rock Ink and a stamp from the Extreme Elements Stamp Set:


Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: River Rock, Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
  • Inks: StazOn Jet Black, River Rock, Watercolor Crayons
  • Tools: Blender Pen, Big Shot Machine, Labels Collection Framelits, Strips Textured Embossing Folder, Petal Cone Die (banner)
  • Accessories: Brads
  • Stamps: Countryside, Extreme Elements, Best Dad Ever
Visit The Paper Players and also, if you own an overabundance of cards and would like to create cards for a worthy cause, Operation Write Home always welcomes packages of cards! Make sure you read the how-to section of their website. Have a great day!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét