Fjords, Fabric & Fun!

6am and we were already pulling up to the Sawyer glacier at the end of the Tracy Arm Fjord! When I awoke, I pulled back the window drapes to... thumbnail 1 summary
20160712_082858
6am and we were already pulling up to the Sawyer glacier at the end of the Tracy Arm Fjord!

When I awoke, I pulled back the window drapes to find chunks of blue ice n a calm silver-aqua sea, made opaque by the glacier run off.

When you reach this far away place, it really makes you think about those who first discovered it.

What in blue blazes were they doing out here in the first place?

Whatever the reason or result, I’m glad they put this wonder on the map.

And I’m grateful that I’ve had a chance to view it not once, but on two separate occasions, this latest one with family by my side.

I made a little video.  If you listen closely you can hear the waterfall, and perhaps even the ice cracking as it floats in the water.  The sound is effervescent!

Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét