Sweet Hexie Dreamin’!

Kathy’s guest room is set up just for me! She must have known she would achieve maximum jaw dropping effect as soon as I spied the quilt on... thumbnail 1 summary

Kathy’s guest room is set up just for me!

She must have known she would achieve maximum jaw dropping effect as soon as I spied the quilt on the bed..this is such a WONDERFUL scrappy hexie! I could study the fabrics in it for hours.

It starts with a green diamond of hexies around a center cheddar hex ----

Then a row of “printed” 30’s hexagons ---

Followed by a row of SOLID hexagons in those wonderful 30’s shades---

And finally bordered by another round of hexies in all of those scrappy 30s prints.

The pieced diamonds are large, and separated by a simple muslin path. The quilting is simple, each round of hexes is outlined in tiny stitches, just following the diamond shapes ---

OH_PA_june2012 318

I dreamed endlessly under this quilt last night! It is the softest, most comfy quilt ever, I think because it HAS been used and loved and slept under and washed and dried on a line --- it has that wonderful smell of vintage linens –and every stitch was made by hand.

OH_PA_june2012 316

The bottom edges are filled in with large “nile green” triangles…..

OH_PA_june2012 317

Look at how sweet the quilting is in here --- LOVE those feathers, they fill the space just right!

One of the best things about being a quilter – is finding beauty in simplicity every day. Always being on the look-out for things that fill my heart and my soul means there is less room for things that I DON’T want in my life ---

And more room for the things that make me smile---

OH_PA_june2012 313

Like tickling Miss Gracie who loves to lie belly up and stretch out long and lanky!

We’ve spent today relaxing and working on projects ---soon we’ll head over and set up for my lecture and the guild meeting will start and the evening will get busy, and the day will be done ---

But I’m so appreciative for the respite of a friend’s house – a cup of tea, a day to sew, some time on the screened in porch just typing up this post and enjoying the birds and the sunshine on a wonderful Friday in June ----

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét