Sister’s Choice Morning!

Let the class slide shows commence! We had such a fun day yesterday – but man is it hard keeping track of names for 40 students --- it’s ha... thumbnail 1 summary

Let the class slide shows commence!

We had such a fun day yesterday – but man is it hard keeping track of names for 40 students --- it’s hard enough when there is 20, but 40 all in one day, two separate classes? I gave up trying!

I do remember Tanya, who brought me a diet dr pepper right off…THANK YOU, I so needed that!

Another Student was working on the most amazing leader/ender project ---you just have to see this!

vermont2012 022

The first thing I saw was a whole shoe box full of half square triangles…ooooooh! Let me at them!

vermont2012 021

I asked her what she was doing with them.and she showed me….

Oh. FUN!! It’s a split 16-patch. You’ve seen Split-9patches, right? Just add more units…which adds more motion, and more happy-scrappiness!

vermont2012 019

Here is one block all sewn together. Now get this --- be ready ---

vermont2012 020

Yeeee *gasp* Haaawwww!

So if you are looking for a leader/ender project to rock your socks --- there you have it!

We had some fun with the vintage machines in class too --- and you know how I love to see them. We had several featherweights --- but look at these Bigger Sisters:

vermont2012 024

This is a very sleek 1970s Kenmore. It zig zags…you turn the dial on top! It’s a bit heavy, but it works so beautifully! I’d never seen this model before – Mine was an early 1980s version, so this was fun.

vermont2012 023

How about an 1950’s vintage two-toned 404?!

These slant needle machines are awesome – they are not belt driven, they are gear driven and do such a great job. They were straight stitch only.

vermont2012 033

One sweet lady brought in her two-toned 301! She is the original owner of this 1950s vintage lovely ---It’s been her machine since it was brand spanking new. What a life this machine has had, and what stories it could tell about what has been sewn on it over the past 60+ years!

Because this was a 3 hour class --- students were lucky if they got one or two blocks done. I was just happy if everyone went home with one so they could take over from there when they got home.

Here is our progress:

Today’s Class is Smith Mountain Morning! I am really looking forward to teaching this class. I love working with the specialty rulers so much.

Be watching for the Boxy Stars pics to come through later today –In an effort to not overload those on dial up or slower connections, I’m keeping each class slide show in its own post!

Have a great Friday, Everyone!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét