Saturday Simple!

What is inspiration? in·spi·ra·tion /ˌinspəˈrāSHən/ The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something c... thumbnail 1 summary
What is inspiration?

in·spi·ra·tion/ˌinspəˈrāSHən/

  • The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, esp. to do something creative: "flashes of inspiration".
  • The quality of having been so stimulated, esp. when evident in something: "a moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display".
You will not believe where I got my "inspiration" for the card I am about to show you today. I was browsing one night and came across a website that had photo's of actual business cards. I wish I would have saved a photo of it to show you. Within seconds of eyeing this certain business card, a light bulb went off and instantly I thought "Punch Art here I come!"

What do you think of this cutie?


Of course I used my punches and created this card to my liking. I started with a piece of "River Rock Cardstock" measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored the 4 1/4" side in half and folded. I used my "Corner Rounder Punch" and punched all four sides. I then used my "Big Shot Machine" and the "Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder" and added band-aid dots.

My second layer is a piece of "River Rock Cardstock" measuring 2 1/4" x 2" and I again rounded all four corners. I sponged all the edges of this piece along with my card front piece with a "Sponge Dauber" and "River Rock Ink". Glue to center front of card.

Stamp the sentiment on "Whisper White Cardstock" using "Early Espresso Ink" from the "Petite Pairs Stamp Set" and cut out with the "Large Oval Punch". Glue in place using "Stampin' Dimensionals" and add two small hearts cut with "Real Red Cardstock" and the "Small Heart Punch". Adorn the hearts using "Pearl Jewels":

For the little nurse peeking from the top of the card, I used the following punches:
  • Face: 1 3/4" Circle Punch
  • Hands: 3/4" Circle Punch cut in half
  • Hair: Wide Oval Punch (3)
  • Eyes: Owl Punch
  • Red Cross Flower: Punch Pack, hand-drawn red cross symbol with Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
Just goes to show that you never know where inspiration will pop up right in front of your very eyes! 

How have you enjoyed browsing the new catalog so far?  Don't forget to keep a wish list going of everything that catches your fancy. Remember, for every $150 you order, either by yourself or with a friend, you can get the free hostess benefits! Contact me today to place your order or go to my online store below!


Follow Me on Pinterest

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét