Free Friday's-Happy Graduation Card!

Happy Graduation to all graduating seniors of 2012! Most of the high school graduations in our area are taking place tonight. I thought I wo... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy Graduation to all graduating seniors of 2012! Most of the high school graduations in our area are taking place tonight. I thought I would share a card I viewed on Pinterest. Unfortunately whomever created the card did not have a watermark on the photo and whomever posted it to Pinterest didn't give the designer proper credit. It is always common courtesy that whenever you copy someone's creation, whether it is copied 100% or changed to your liking, to give that person proper credit by mentioning their name. If you happen to be the designer of the beautiful graduation card, please let me know so I can add your name to my post.

Here is the photo of the graduation cap & gown card:


Laying flat:


Open view of card and of course I would add more than a dollar bill inside. All I had to stuff in there for a photo was a dollar bill! 

I'm not sure if the original creator added Velcro but it keeps the card closed:


Closer view of the half-cut Velcro dot:


And the final result:

What a cute way to present someone with cash! Here are the measurements if you are interested in creating one of these:
  • Cap: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 1 1/4" on all 4 sides. Fold all flaps under and glue in place to form a 2 1/2" square. Add a tassel, cardstock button and sentiment as you like.
  • Gown: 7 1/2" x 6 1/2", score on the 7 1/2" side at 3/4"' 2 1/4", 5 1/4", 6 3/4". Fold the 2 1/4" &  5 1/4" score lines towards the center. Fold the 3/4" & 6 3/4" score lines away from the center to form the flaps.
  • Glue the cap to the left-hand side of the card portion by positioning the cap diagonally. I also added a dot of glue under the flap sitting under the cap so the flap stays flat. 
  • Add a half-cut piece of Velcro under the cap on the right-hand side.
  • For the inside money pocket, I cut a piece of cardstock 2 7/8" x 2". I used the Scallop Trim Punch on one long side and added Tombow Multipurpose Glue very thinly to 3 sides and pressed in place.
  • Add cash to inside pocket!


Follow Me on Pinterest

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét