Cherry------BOOM!!

When I met Pauline, after having only known her via email up to this point, trying to get everything all arranged for my visit up to North E... thumbnail 1 summary

When I met Pauline, after having only known her via email up to this point, trying to get everything all arranged for my visit up to North East, I INSTANTLY knew I liked this woman!

She has a warmth and exuberance that can’t be matched. She has taken care of every detail to pull this visit together and its been seamless.

When she asked yesterday if I’d like to stop and see her family’s cherry orchards ---I was ALL over that!

My mom and step dad had peach/apricot/pear orchards in Idaho—and some of my favorite summer memories revolve around those trees and their bounty.

This picture is Pauline telling me --- “Not THOSE ones, there are riper ones over here!” She didn’t know I was just photographing their beautiful color ---but when she said “ripe, ready to eat” my mouth began to water and I moved quickly to where she lead.

I had just started picking when a big BOOM!!!!! scared the pants right off me!

And then, less than a minute later – BOOM!!!

OH_PA_june2012 411

She quickly explained that the booms go off to scare the birds so they don’t eat all the fruit. It makes sense --- but boy did it scare me too, even though I KNEW it was going to boom again on cue ---it reminded me of those little wind up jack in the boxes we used to have as kids --- you’d crank the handle, the song would play and you just KNEW that thing was going to pop up and scare you ---

OH_PA_june2012 413

But Boom or no Boom – How SWEET is this, to be taken to Pauline’s cherry orchard to pick my own sweet cherries and carry them back to where I’m staying?

Oh the bounty of summer --- it goes too quickly, better be sure to take notice of every amazing moment ----

And remember to catch the juice that is dripping off my chin in the process!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét