Canyon Fire–Quilts Needed!

I am breaking from my exciting adventure at the Vermont Quilt Festival to pass on to you some very important information – and hopefully man... thumbnail 1 summary

I am breaking from my exciting adventure at the Vermont Quilt Festival to pass on to you some very important information – and hopefully many of you will be able to help.

I received an email earlier today, and I wanted to share it with you.

Michelle writes:

HELP - Calling All Quilters

As some of you may know I live in the Colorado Springs area. I am on the other side of town from the Waldo Canyon Fire and not in any way in harms way.

Sitting here through the last 5 days watching the 24 hours news coverage is heart breaking. So I am trying to help in the only way I know how.

We know that many homes have been lost and many people have been evacuated because of this fire.

Anyone who is willing to donate a completed quilt, a quilt top, backing or batting to please contact me and I will collect and disburse the quilts that are received.

fire1
Please pass this information on so that the word is spread and maybe we can bring some light to these victims of the fire.

Michelle
you can reach me by email at
justforthepieceofit@gmail.com

I’ve seen the photos. I’ve been horrified watching the flames destroy so many homes on the news. This could be YOUR home. It could be MY home. Each and every one of us can only imagine what it is like to lose not only your home, but the photos, the momentos the bits of everyday living that are such a part of us.

I’m hoping that we can help. Please contact Michelle at the address above and see what you can do to help.

Pass this info, or link back in your own blog posts to get the word out to quilters everywhere --

Together we can make a difference!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét