Tuesday Tips or Techniques-Mounting Wheel Stamps!

I have quite a few of the regular and jumbo wheel stamps. I've always wanted to "un-wheel" my wheel stamps and make them flat... thumbnail 1 summary
I have quite a few of the regular and jumbo wheel stamps. I've always wanted to "un-wheel" my wheel stamps and make them flat. Stampin' Up! sells the perfect product to achieve this. I will show you how I "un-wheeled" a few of my wheel stamps below:

Start out by using an exacto knife and running it across where the stamp edges meet and were glued together (the slit part). This loosens up the slit:


Very gently, using your exacto knife, start lifting off the rubber at the slit:


Keep pulling the rubber until it is completely off of the roller:


The Jumbo Stamp I am using is the "Baby Tees". I've always wanted the tees to be separate from each other so I could stamp the desired design and either stamp a single tee or multiple tees:

Using your Craft & Rubber Scissors, cut close to each baby tee as shown above:


Once your tees are all cut out, pull the backing from the Clear Mount Cling Foam sticky side and press each tee in place. Now cut around each tee again using your Craft Scissors. Your scissors will get a little gunky from the adhesive and you might have to clean them off between cuts:


Once all of your tees have been mounted and cut, remove backing from the other side of your clear mount and press the stamps inside a Clear Mount Stamp Case. The foam clings to the plastic for storage:


I printed my own cover for the stamp case insert created by fellow demo Cari Lee Stark that she graciously allowed us demo's to use. I have the link to Cari's pattern below and indicated on the pattern that it was created by her. Please give her credit if you use it. Thanks Cari!


I also followed the same steps for my "Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel Stamp":


I left the rubber the same original length but just trimmed the long sides a little to omit the extra rubber and once mounted on clear mount, placed the stamp in a Clear Mount Stamp Case and printed a pattern for this stamp also:




Cari's insert pattern can be found here: Clear Mount Insert Pattern

I hope you have enjoyed my tip for today. Please come back and visit!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét