The Friday Mashup Challenge-45!

Good Morning Blog Readers! I hope your weekend is going well. We received more snow last night and what a perfect challenge I am participati... thumbnail 1 summary
Good Morning Blog Readers! I hope your weekend is going well. We received more snow last night and what a perfect challenge I am participating in this morning to go with that snow! The Friday Mashup Challenge has a new adorable mashup for this week:


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  • Make a project using the "Spotlighting Technique".
  • Or Make a project featuring "Penguins".
  • Or "Mash it Up" and create a project featuring "Penguins using the Spotlighting Technique"
I opted to go with the "Penguins" part of the challenge and turned my  penguin into "Punch Art":


The only penguin I've ever made with with the Owl Punch so decided to do something different for this card and I don't own any penguin stamps so this is what I came up with for my little fella. Doesn't he look like the happiest penguin you've ever seen? I just love his little beak. I folded a tiny piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and used my 5-Petal Flower Punch and punched just one of the petals on the fold line. His little feet are from the Boho Blossoms Punch in Daffodil Delight Cardstock along with the little pouf of fur at the top of his head in Basic Black Cardstock:

I added a tiny bit of high-lighting with my Signo White Gel Pen on his upper body and two little dots for the eyes. The two layers you see for his body were cut using the Ovals Die in Basic Black & Whisper White Cardstocks. I created his own little iceberg using only part of the Labels Collection Framelits and sponging along the edges. I used my Baja Breeze Stampin' Write Marker to add a subtle line at the bottom of my iceberg to make it 3D-ish.


The snowbanks in the background are torn Whisper White Cardstock layers that are layered and sponged in Baja Breeze Ink. Below you will find a photo of the punched and die pieces I used:

Punches:
  • Large Oval Punch in Basic Black Cardstock cut in half the long way
  • Boho Blossoms Punch in Daffodil Delight, cut 2 of the smallest flower
  • Boho Blossoms Punch in Basic Black Carstock, cut 1 of the medium flower
  • 5-Petal Flower Punch, fold a small piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock in half and cut one petal only on the fold
  • Bird Punch, cut 2 in Basic Black of the pupils
Dies:
  • Ovals Die, cut 1 in Basic Black Cardstock of the medium oval and 1 in Whisper White Cardstock of the smallest oval
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! I have another post scheduled for later on today for a 3 Day Valentine's project line-up. Come back later to take a peek and also, make sure you visit The Friday Mashup girls to view their challenge submissions this week!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét